HSEP Advisory Council Members
Judith Anderson - CSRS
Chauna Berry Banks - District 2 Councilman
Edgar Blevins - Southern University
Matt Blount - Exxon Mobil
David Bonaventure - Salas O'Brian
Mark Chenevert - State of Louisiana
Jonathan Clement - Jacobs
Laurie Davidson - Albemarle
Janice Drake - State of Louisiana
Larry East - Albemarle
Carlos Giron - CH2M
Thomas Gobert - ExxonMobil
Ashley Grand - Fusion Architecture
Brad Guerin - Fusion Architecture
Kimberly Haddox - Fugro
Teri Hodges - City Social Magazine
Jim Horton - FBD
Paul Jackson - Assistant Principal
Kenneth Jefferson - FPC USA
Ed Jenkins - CSRS
Kathie Johnson - Scotlandville Pre-Engineering Middle
Thomasina Joseph - Parent
Roger Kitchens - Entergy
Jada Lewis - Professor - Representative
LSU - BESE District 8 Board Member
Todd Marks - Jacobs
Kelly McCloskey - Entergy
Katy Powers - Shell
Tiffany Quiett - Principal
Christy Riptoe - Dow
Lynne Roussel - Terracon
Amy Schulze - City of Zachary
Gwen Shamlin - EBR Parish School System
Lakeshia Stewart - Olin BC
Teagan Treadaway - ExxonMobil
Charlaya Washington - Jacobs
Cynthia Weber - Magnet Site Coordinator
Kerett Williams - Parent
Angela Zeringue - ExxonMobil
HSEP Advisory Council Function
How does the Scotlandville HSEP Advisory Council partner with the faculty and students on an ongoing basis?
- The Advisory Council is a link from the school to the workplace. We work closely with faculty and students to continually strengthen the program and prepare students for success in college and careers.
- Our members include representation from the local business community as well as academia (LSU & Southern & HSEP leadership/administration) parents and HSEP alumni. We function like a board – Meet regularly as a full council and as committees.
- Maintain current strategic plans, financial policies, etc.
- We review academy data, participate in the NAF Academy Assessment, and provide input to the academy action plan.
- Provide and solicit financial support from the community for much needed program resources and additional experiential learning opportunities.
- Serve as advocates for the academy.
- Support Teachers:
- Provide Curriculum Support
- Other Professional Development
- Student Support:
- Work-based learning experience
- Classroom project assistance
- Speed Interviewing
- Job shadowing
- Hands-on activities in the classrooms – electronics, robotics, etc.
- Field trips to job sites and local facilities
- NASA Moon Rover team
- Workshops for resume writing and interviewing
- Paid internships